The South West Strategic Clinical Network (SCN) is pleased to announce it has now appointed two clinical leads for End of Life Care (EoLC) for the period of one year. The leads are:
Dr Kate Rush who is now the Clinical Network Lead Community End of Life Care
Dr Susanna Hill who is now the Clinical Network lead emergency care/urgent care
The Clinical Leads will be working with the SCN’s Programme Manager and Quality Improvement Lead (EoLC), in partnership with HESW to provide leadership for the development of the end of life care across the region.
Key tasks the Clinical Leads will be expected to undertake include:
- To Co-Chair the Expert Reference Group for End of Life Care (EoLC) in the South West with task and finish groups set up to oversee projects within the region.
- To develop, implement plans, monitor progress and evaluate impact of embedding the Priorities for Care of the Dying Person (LADCDP 2014) and other relevant responses published.
- To agree objectives, actions and timelines for key End of Life care priorities for the network area, which align with the Ambitions for End of Life Care 2015 (the refreshed EoLC strategy).
- To contribute towards delivering the Ambitions for End of Life Care locally and nationally by:
- Committing to participate in the quarterly meetings of the National Palliative and End of Life Care Network leads
- Sharing good practice and information, working collaboratively with peers across the country
- Collectively working to deliver the agreed priority actions for NHS England within the Ambitions for End of Life Care.
- To develop a realistic and sustainable plan for continuing to improve end of life care beyond April 2016 in the South West.