We see great potential benefits in working with our pharmaceutical industry partners but also realise the need for an assured process. We want to create a clear and transparent process for engaging with industry so that we can work together in solving problems, and creating and implementing joint solutions in our priority areas of cardiovascular work.
The South West Cardiovascular Strategic Clinical Network held a series of events in June 2014 with a range of stakeholders from commissioning and provider organisations including patients, and representatives of the pharmaceutical industry to explore the opportunities for working in partnership.
A governance structure for the work and the following areas of initial focus have been identified and will be carried forward by task and finish groups in the Autumn.
Renal – improve the uptake of home dialysis across the South West by:
- assessing current and future demand for dialysis
- supporting informed shared decision making at pre dialysis
- support the redesign of services to support increase in home dialysis.
- development of a renal data dashboard
Diabetes – improve the completion of the 8 care processes in primary care by
- supporting the completion of the national diabetes audit
- benchmarking performance
- delivery of professional education
- patient education programmes.
Care planning/ shared decision making/ self care – for all patients with long term cardiovascular conditions by:
- education and training of healthcare professionals
- education for patients
- development of decision aides for patients
If you would be interested in getting involved in this work please contact us